Doors, windows and frames
Kitchens, doors, rails, stud, tables, chairs, stair cases, garden furniture etc... Find answers and ask questions here!

4 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
thedoctor

Doors, windows and frames

by thedoctor » Fri May 26, 2006 11:14 am

To post a question for a Diy Doctor tradesman or your fellow users, to answer please click on “New Topicâ€

sophiem
Labourer
Labourer

by sophiem » Tue Aug 28, 2007 11:07 am

I am currently renovating my sash windows, and was wondering if you had any advice as to the best way to replace the "putty" part around the glass itself? What is the best product to use for this and the easiest?
Thanks

sophiem
Labourer
Labourer

by sophiem » Tue Aug 28, 2007 11:10 am

Please can you give me some advice with regards to the best "putty" to use on the seal with the glass on my sash windows?

Thanks

Sophie

Oddbod
Ganger
Ganger

by Oddbod » Wed Aug 29, 2007 6:15 pm

Hi, Sophie, you should really have posted this as a new thread!

I assume the glass is double glazed units. If so you need to use a type of sealant that doesn't damage the unit. Uselessly I can't remember what it's called (in my defence I don't fit double glazing units that often). Last time I did it I went into my local glaziers, said I was fitting a sealed double glazing unit and brought a tube of sealant off them!

If you are fitting single glazing, first of all don't tell building control, and secondly use anything that says suitable for glazing on the tube; or use bog standard putty.

4 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 7:27 am