Experience in Building Disputes and Costing Past Building Work
information and advice on general building topics, builders merchants, problem builders, DIY Stores etc....

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
raydona
Labourer
Labourer

Experience in Building Disputes and Costing Past Building Work

by raydona » Sun Jan 13, 2019 1:26 am

Hello,
I'm looking for someone who has experience or currently involved in building disputes. I lived in my father's property for over 30 years. In that time I carried out building works, both major and minor, for which I was never paid. He recently passed away. In his will he left the house to my sister. Using Inheritance Act I am claiming some amount of money for the works done. My sister is disputing the monetary value of the works. I need someone who has accreditation, e.g. belongs to Federation of Master Builders or similar, who can look at the works done and say how much he would have charged had he carried out the works. He will have to provide some kind of written estimate (and maybe back it up if required) that is suitable for a court of law. All help will be greatly appreciated.

collectors
Foreman
Foreman

Re: Experience in Building Disputes and Costing Past Building Work

by collectors » Mon Jan 14, 2019 9:56 am

If its a legal thing you may be better off with a quantity surveyor as i would have thought they would have more clout in court. With anything like this, its trying to find anyone that wants to get involved.

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Thu May 02, 2024 4:40 am