Advice Needed on Plastering Ceilings and Bathroom
Ask your questions and find answers on many subjects relating to plastering and dry lining

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
Starshine
Labourer
Labourer

Advice Needed on Plastering Ceilings and Bathroom

by Starshine » Tue Jan 29, 2019 7:10 pm

Hi all,
I'm a novice at building work so please ignore my ignorance!
I have had to get a builder in as my kitchen ceiling in my property (that is rented) was beginning to crack and looked like it was going to collapse in. The kitchen is below the bathroom, which it turned out out had some loose tiles through which water must have leaked to the kitchen ceiling.

In the bathroom, the builder doing the job has removed the tiles and stripped back the wall to brick and the tiling was done in one day. Based on this he must not have re-concreted and plastered the wall before tiling. He has advised that he has used something "better". Does anyone know what he would have done to be able to put the tiles up so quickly without waiting for concrete and plaster to dry??

In the kitchen, he has put up new plasterboard on the ceiling but has not skimmed this with plaster. Again, he has said he will use something "even better than plaster". Any info on what he may use would be really helpful as I am now worried that he doesn't seem to plastering anything and am worried it may not last.

Sorry if I am asking really basic questions, I have no clue in this area!

Thank you in advance

Dee

SmokeyBacon
Labourer
Labourer

Re: Advice Needed on Plastering Ceilings and Bathroom

by SmokeyBacon » Fri Feb 15, 2019 12:14 am

Better than plaster? lol he's going to dryline it, just fill the gaps then paint it as its cheaper, its better for him, for better for you to have it plasterered

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Mon Apr 22, 2024 5:01 pm