saddle board inside front door
Kitchens, doors, rails, stud, tables, chairs, stair cases, garden furniture etc... Find answers and ask questions here!

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
kathy33
Labourer
Labourer

saddle board inside front door

by kathy33 » Fri Aug 31, 2007 9:26 pm

Hi, single white female with no carpentry knowledge at all!!

If I can manage to cut the wood to fit how do i actually stick it down? Where it's going is over a cement block so I presume I can't nail it. Is there a special glue or something available?

joust180
Apprentice
Apprentice

by joust180 » Mon Sep 03, 2007 7:45 pm

When in doubt Gripfill stick plenty on and bob's your uncle! you really want to pre drill and screw it down but get yourself a skeleton gun b&q and some gripfill or similar and get plenty on the bottom of your wood,this is a bit rough but you can do that yourself! If you ever need to fix anything to brick/stone etc you will need a hammer drill,7mm masonary bit, some brown plugs,and screws which are long enough to go through the thing your fixing and past any gap inbetween and into the wall/stone at least 40mm(the length of a brown plug).The screws to match this just ask for 8s or 10s(that is the size of the screw head).Example time----Fit a curtain batten to a plastered wall---Batten is 20mm thick so 20+40(plug) so for that you'll want 2"" screws 50mm stay a little under the overall depth as the screw will sink into the wood!!!! A well over the top answer for you there.

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Sat Apr 13, 2024 9:20 pm