Coping Saw Blades to cut MDF Skirting Without Damage
Ask questions and find answers on all aspects of tools including hand & power tools.

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
beajou
Labourer
Labourer

Coping Saw Blades to cut MDF Skirting Without Damage

by beajou » Thu Jun 13, 2019 4:18 pm

I'm needing to produce seven coped internal corners in fully finished MDF skirting. I've had a few practice attempts but have found that my coping saw blade seems too coarse and tends to skip and tear the MDF finish as I start (or finish) depending on which direction I begin to follow the profile of the board.
It seems to me as though I need a blade with more than the 14TPI that I'm currently using but after extensive searches and many phone calls I've drawn a blank and it seems as though 14TPI is all there is on the market. Having said that, I did find a saw with 15 and 16 TPI but I don't think that would improve the situation much. Does anyone know if moreTPI coping saw blades are available (and where to get them) or perhaps could suggest a less aggressive way of starting or finishing the delicate area at the top of the coped joint please?

beajou
Labourer
Labourer

Re: Coping Saw Blades to cut MDF Skirting Without Damage

by beajou » Mon Jun 24, 2019 9:30 am

Have found my own solution - start cut with junior hacksaw and then use this cut as a guide to introduce the coping saw blade to complete the coped joint.

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Tue Apr 09, 2024 8:44 am