Running CAT6 Cables for Home Automation Setup
Find answers to popular questions or post your own regarding any aspect of home entertainment

oliver9523
Labourer
Labourer

Running CAT6 Cables for Home Automation Setup

by oliver9523 » Wed Dec 11, 2019 11:20 am

Hi all,
I'm slowly building my home automation setup. I've recently added a Ubiquiti access point to improve wifi coverage and performance - super happy with it - I have it currently wired with PoE CAT6 that runs a short distance, it's hidden using using stick-on conduit along the corner of the rooms. It's ok but I'm not overly keen on the look of it all, I want to run it behind the walls/ceiling.

I've had a look with an inspection camera in the ceiling and there's plenty of space... but in the hall way there are several wooden (OSB) bulkheads that I need to get round / through.
I've done a rough diagram and attached some pictures from the inspection camera (hope it's clear enough)

It's a new build (~10 years old), 3 floor townhouse, diagram is the middle floor.

My question is how do I go through these bulkheads? The only way I can think is to cut a hole in the hall ceiling by each bulkhead and use a long drill...

It is currently Mon Jul 08, 2024 11:43 pm