is it Ok to Leave Heaters off all Year Round?
Help and information on all topics relating to your central heating, air conditioning and ventilation issues.

4 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
Modestas
Labourer
Labourer

is it Ok to Leave Heaters off all Year Round?

by Modestas » Fri Nov 15, 2019 3:09 pm

Hello.

I have 2 rooms where I do not spend much time in... one of them is like a storage room. and other is like a room where I keep my wet laundry for drying (leaving window slighlty open all the time).

both of the rooms have gas based heaters (central heating based). to save gas I am thinking to keep these heaters off all year round. is it a good idea?

I wonder, would it not affect pipes in a negative way? and also would it not affect carpets, walls (especially in the room where wet laundry is kept) if there was no heating all year round all the time?

thank you for any comments.

ericmark
Project Manager
Project Manager

Re: is it Ok to Leave Heaters off all Year Round?

by ericmark » Sat Nov 16, 2019 3:59 am

Most TRV have a frost setting, which means they will turn on to stop freezing but only when really cold. However my TRV's have an open window detect, so if the room is too cold when I open door into room it will turn off heating to adjoining room, so I set unused rooms to around 12 deg C.

Modestas
Labourer
Labourer

by Modestas » Sun Nov 17, 2019 7:13 pm

thank you for the comments. I dont wanna tart a new thread, so I thought I would ask one more question related to the central heating. is it a good idea to turn the boiler off when leaving the house and turn it on when coming back home? I mean to keep it on only while being at home, cause I do not see a point of heating the house while Im away for 9 hours.

Modestas
Labourer
Labourer

by Modestas » Sat Dec 14, 2019 8:36 pm

also, I don't really understand. if humidy causes problems in regular rooms, whats about the bathroom? it is always humid there, does it mean heater needs to be on all year round in the bathroom?

4 posts   •   Page 1 of 1