Connecting Nest to Greenstar 30i
Help and information on all topics relating to your central heating, air conditioning and ventilation issues.

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
CharlieGM
Labourer
Labourer

Connecting Nest to Greenstar 30i

Post by CharlieGM » Wed Jan 22, 2020 4:05 pm

Hi all, I'm trying to connect a Nest Heat Link to my Greenstar 30i boiler - I've attached the wires as shown in the photos; the Nest is connecting with the Link, but the link is not turning on the heat. Can you tell me what I've done wrong, or if there is a problem with the internal thermostat still being connected? Thanks!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

ericmark
Project Manager
Project Manager

Re: Connecting Nest to Greenstar 30i

Post by ericmark » Wed Jan 22, 2020 11:42 pm

[attachment=0]bosch-temp.jpg[/attachment]
The instructions tell you to remove link, sure you can down load instructions just as easy as me.
I am told to open the junction box on the Worcester Bosch you disturb seals, and it needs a gas safe person to re-seal, as a result I have never opened one, I am also told Worcester Bosch is not OpenTherm although it does have a special thermostat that will work direct onto the ebus, and the unit fits inside the boiler.

I did a goggle for "worcester 30i boiler installation manual" don't forget installation in the hunt word, I see it shows both central heating and domestic hot water, don't quite under stand this as thought it was a combi boiler?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1