Incredibly Basic DIY Question About Hanging a Mirror
General problems, solutions, information and advice on fixing to walls of all kinds

5 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
Adamj83
Labourer
Labourer

Incredibly Basic DIY Question About Hanging a Mirror

by Adamj83 » Mon Apr 13, 2020 10:47 am

Hi

I have just attempted to hang an antique mirror in my bedroom. When we refurbished the house we didn’t touch the plaster in this room and the walls are really tricky to drill into. The wall crumbled and as a result has a left a hole that is too big to use. We can fill the hole with some kind of product that will enable me to use this hole to hang the mirror? I will attach some photos. Thanks in advance
Attachments
Hole
Hole

George441
Tradesman
Tradesman

Re: Incredibly Basic DIY Question About Hanging a Mirror

by George441 » Mon Apr 13, 2020 4:27 pm

Please try adhesive wall hangers it's really good.

Adamj83
Labourer
Labourer

by Adamj83 » Mon Apr 13, 2020 4:31 pm

Thanks for your reply George, I am afraid this mirror is far too heavy and valuable for adhesive hangers. ( it weighs approximately 7 kgs!)

Underwood
Labourer
Labourer

by Underwood » Fri Apr 17, 2020 5:32 pm

The easiest way is to use mounting foam. You can also use a special repair mixture, but I don’t know whether you will find an open store where you can buy it.

mileso
Apprentice
Apprentice

by mileso » Tue Apr 21, 2020 5:16 pm

is that a prefab wall if so, the drill will spiral all over the place while drilling, its possible but id make the hole bigger for mounting points depending on the size of the mirror
then fill with concrete and allow to set over a week. then redrill and attach your mounting points.
I wouldn't use the adhesive product or these quick attach things especially if the mirrors large

5 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Sat Sep 14, 2024 11:39 pm