Getting broken mirror off of wall
General problems, solutions, information and advice on fixing to walls of all kinds

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
BongoSteve
Labourer
Labourer

Getting broken mirror off of wall

by BongoSteve » Mon Jun 15, 2020 5:04 pm

Hi, I'm Steve - first time poster, long time DIY fan.

We've got a mirror behind our gas stove, which when we moved into our property had a tiny crack (which we didn't spot), and due to the heat has drastically expanded over time.

We're now moving out and need to get this sorted otherwise our landlord will probably blame us.

I've got some experience with tiling and I think that's how it's fixed to the wall but I'm not entirely sure. Hopefully the pictures help, but if any one can offer advice on how I can get this broken mirror off the wall, and get a new one in I would greatly appreciate it!

Cheers, Steve
Attachments
1.jpg
0.jpg

stoneyboy
Project Manager
Project Manager

Re: Getting broken mirror off of wall

by stoneyboy » Mon Jun 15, 2020 11:32 pm

Hi bongosteve
Getting the mirror off the wall may be difficult and dangerous. You need gloves, safety specs and a coronovirus type plastic face shield. Try prising the mirror from the edges - if a mastic has been used heat from a heatgun may soften the mastic. You may have to chisel the mirror off the wall.
Get a new mirror cut to size with ground edges and use a mirror adhesive to stick it in place.
Regards S

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Sat Sep 14, 2024 11:33 pm