Replacing Damaged Fireproof Panel in the Garage
Re-generate an old or tired space and give it a fresh breath of life. Click here for answers, information and tips

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
TimEwins
Labourer
Labourer

Replacing Damaged Fireproof Panel in the Garage

by TimEwins » Thu Jul 23, 2020 4:12 pm

Hi (new to this forum)

I have an asbestos sheet (well it looks like asbestos) that covers a square hole in the garage to house wall, which leads to a void under the staircase, and the concealed downstairs toilet cistern.

This panel now has a snapped off corner, and I probably need to replace it. If it's asbestos, and between the garage and house, I 'assume' its fireproof.

So I need some replacement board/material, that is fireproof.

Original is approx 1M x 1M x 11mm. There are many options on the internet, but as an amateur DIY’er, I wondered if anyone knew of such materals?

It needs to be removable for access, but sealed to remain 'vermin' free

Regards
Tim

George441
Tradesman
Tradesman

Re: Replacing Damaged Fireproof Panel in the Garage

by George441 » Sat Jul 25, 2020 3:20 pm

If you send us a picture of that, I think it will be helpful to give you a proper suggestion.

Thanks - GG

TimEwins
Labourer
Labourer

Re: Replacing Damaged Fireproof Panel in the Garage

by TimEwins » Mon Jul 27, 2020 12:25 pm

George441 wrote:If you send us a picture of that, I think it will be helpful to give you a proper suggestion.

Thanks - GG
Hi

Thanks for the interest.

I enclose some pics (I had to resize them from my phone)

I have found this material, which seem to do the job, but the minimum order is 5 sheets, and I only need 1.

https://www.fireboards.co.uk/

Distributors are a long way from me, but the manufacturer is about 45miles away, and will do me 1 sheet (apparently)

Thanks
Tim
Attachments
void4.jpg
void3.jpg

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Mon Apr 29, 2024 5:56 pm