Broken power cable replacemnet
Ask questions and find answers to many subjects relating to electrics and electrical work

4 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
ellanvannin54
Apprentice
Apprentice

Broken power cable replacemnet

by ellanvannin54 » Sat Dec 05, 2020 2:26 pm

[attachment=2]Broken plug.jpg[/attachment][attachment=1]Alternative plug.jpg[/attachment][attachment=0]charger.jpg[/attachment]Hi, my plug (24v)for the cordless charger charger has broken. Can I just plug in a 12v plug to the charger or will it explode? or perhaps just take longer to charge? I have enclosed image of the broken plug and the 12v plug plus the charger. All I know about electics is how to plug it into the wall, sorry:(
Attachments
charger
charger
alternative?
alternative?
broken plug
broken plug

Mr White
Project Manager
Project Manager

Re: Broken power cable replacemnet

by Mr White » Sat Dec 05, 2020 3:03 pm

If you are saying your 24v (wall wart) charger has broken / failed, can you replace it with a 12v wall wart and if so will it work?

The answer has to be no.

When something like this fails / gets broken you have to replace it "like for like" You can't change an orange for a lemon, yes they are both fruits, but they are not the same, like wise with voltage and current. You can't change a 12v supply for a 24v supply, and vice versa.

ellanvannin54
Apprentice
Apprentice

by ellanvannin54 » Sat Dec 05, 2020 3:16 pm

Thank you for your advice. Guess I'll have to fork out for a new cordless drill....... again.

Mr White
Project Manager
Project Manager

by Mr White » Sat Dec 05, 2020 4:29 pm

If it helps those drills that you plug a charger into are rubbish, as they don't last long, and are expensive. (You have to buy another one, and another..........) May I suggest you get one with a removable battery (That way you can change just the battery) You can get one from screwfix for less than £50 (and it has Two batteries)

4 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Wed Jul 03, 2024 3:45 am