Air spring mechanism
Kitchens, doors, rails, stud, tables, chairs, stair cases, garden furniture etc... Find answers and ask questions here!

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
alwaysready
Apprentice
Apprentice

Air spring mechanism

by alwaysready » Wed Jan 27, 2021 9:55 pm

Hi everybody,
I would appreciate some advice. I had a new kitchen door installed recently that opens upward and has an air spring mechanism. The problem is that it clicks loudly as I close it an feels like something is grinding inside. Would it be possible to adjust or does it need refitting and drilling additional holes in the door? Does the use of it meanwhile produce any additional damage within the mechanism?

alwaysready
Apprentice
Apprentice

Re: Air spring mechanism

by alwaysready » Wed Jan 27, 2021 11:00 pm

I would very much appreciate your advice.
I had a new kitchen recently installed, and now not happy with the distance between the work top and the wall units. It is 44 cm (42 from pelmets) and feels rather uncomfortable. I was promised 50 cm but it was by verbal discussion, and they did not check with me before fitting so low. I understand that it should be possible to adjust vertically but the problem is that I have a row of cabinets with pelmets and cornices. Would it be possible to move the whole row of cabinets upwards using the adjustment mechanism without having to remove the pelmets and cornices? How much would the mechanism allow to lift it by? Is it worth the trouble? The wall units height is not comfortable for me but may be I am missing on any advantages (other then reaching the top shelf)? Any opinion will be greatly appreciated.

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Mon Sep 16, 2024 9:16 pm