Worried about applying stabilising solution to interior garage walls
All manner of questions and solutions to problems and issues surrounding the subject of brickwork, blockwork and stonework

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
BrickWallKelu
Labourer
Labourer

Worried about applying stabilising solution to interior garage walls

by BrickWallKelu » Wed Jun 02, 2021 10:16 pm

My garage is next to my kitchen separated by a brick wall; I wanted to make the garage brighter by painting it white.

People online seemed to prep brick walls with stabilising solution before painting, so I have applied a generous coat all over.

Before painting with a breathable exterior paint I researched a bit more and discovered that the stabilising solution might prevent the wall to breath :-( and should only be used on the parts that are flaky (none were, the bricks were very sound as inside the house, I just didn't know I could just water down the first layer of paint to give a key to the next layer...).

So now I am very worried that moisture will not escape from the kitchen anymore and maybe create damp on this wall where there wasn't any before.

Should I be worried indeed? Can I somehow reverse the process ?

Many thanks in advance

stoneyboy
Project Manager
Project Manager

Re: Worried about applying stabilising solution to interior garage walls

by stoneyboy » Thu Jun 03, 2021 10:44 pm

Hi brickwallkelu
What is done is done and you will not be able to rewind to an earlier condition. Provided you have a hood extractor there should not be any issues with damp from the kitchen.
Regards S

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Sun Sep 08, 2024 12:24 am