Hob extractor internal/external motor and storage
Help, advice and problem solutions on all aspects of home appliances from washing machines to TV's

bfp1001
Labourer
Labourer

Hob extractor internal/external motor and storage

by bfp1001 » Mon Aug 09, 2021 1:59 pm

Hello all, I'm new... I've searched here but can't find this topic yet discussed, please help:
I want to redesign/rebuild our kitchen storage and make use of the space above our Siemens hob extractor (wall-chimney type on an external wall, venting to the exterior) That big brushed steel chimney seems like real waste of space to me...
What I'd like to know is: instead of building new cupboards to go across the entire wall and install a new integrated extractor into them, with a new external motor outside, I'd like to know if I can use my existing internal extractor&motor by manually separating them, bolt the motor part to the outside wall with some type of aluminium box over it to shield it from the elements, run the ducting straight in through my external wall and connect it to the back of the extractor section, which is now bolted to the underside of my new cupboards?

Has anyone tried this? Clearly it will not be covered by warranty anymore, but that's gone years ago anyway. It seems to be a case of simply unbolting the various sections of the extractor from each other and repurposing them, extending the necessary electrical cables so the touch controls still operate the motor outside.

Thoughts? Thanks.

It is currently Mon Apr 29, 2024 1:49 pm