Upvc windows not catching in keeps
Post questions and find answers on glazing, double glazing, upvc glazing, conservatory glazing, fixtures and fittings etc....

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
Zzzz9999
Labourer
Labourer

Upvc windows not catching in keeps

by Zzzz9999 » Fri Apr 22, 2022 1:09 pm

Hi, I've got a side opening upvc window which has been fine but now when I shut and try to lock it the moving parts will not slide fully into the 'keeps' on the frame (the bits with slots in). The handle will only half close and then stops. The 'keeps' at the bottom are partly engaged but there's a slight gap at the top between the window and frame so it looks like the ones at the top are no longer lined up & won't slide in. Any ideas, can I try adjusting the moving catches at the to move the over a bit?

stoneyboy
Project Manager
Project Manager

Re: Upvc windows not catching in keeps

by stoneyboy » Sat Apr 23, 2022 11:20 pm

Hi zzzz9999,
With the window closed is it still square in the frame or does it look like it’s sagging. If the former slacken the screw in the keep plates and adjust them. Some windows have a plastic support plate to lift the window when closed - do your windows have these fitted.
If the window has sagged check the hinge screws are tight and try adjusting the hinge but if the top one is worn you may have to replace it.
Regards S

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Thu Oct 24, 2024 12:14 pm