Windowsill Repair With Bubbling Paint
General decorating topics, questions and answers. find help, tips and advice on completing your decorating projects

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
smatt
Labourer
Labourer

Windowsill Repair With Bubbling Paint

by smatt » Fri Jul 15, 2022 9:24 am

Hi All,

I don't know if this is the right forum for this, but I'm after a bit of advise and I think it would probably fall under decorating.

Very recently, within the last few days, I noticed that the paint was bubbling up underneath the inside windowsill of one of my rooms. I assumed this was due to the heat, and that underneath would just be the wood of the windowsill.

When I scratched the paint, I found there to be some kind of insulation underneath.

I suppose my question is really what is going on here, since I wasn't expecting the insulation to be underneath that paint. Is it likely that the insulation is running under the window and what would be the best course of action to get it fixed?

Many thanks in advance!

M
Attachments
Windowsill 2
Windowsill 2
Windowsill 1
Windowsill 1

stoneyboy
Project Manager
Project Manager

Re: Windowsill Repair With Bubbling Paint

by stoneyboy » Sat Jul 16, 2022 10:05 pm

Hi smatt,
It looks like you have mdf sills and damp has got in them causing the mdf to expand and delaminate. Rub it down, fill it and then repaint. If the problem re occurs a replacement sill might be needed.
Regards S

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Sun Sep 08, 2024 12:42 am