Asbestos concern while stripping off old asbestos??
General decorating topics, questions and answers. find help, tips and advice on completing your decorating projects

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
Effy66
Labourer
Labourer

Asbestos concern while stripping off old asbestos??

by Effy66 » Tue Sep 06, 2022 11:03 am

Recently had remedial damp plastering completed for bottom third of our lounge wall, all the way around, so wallpaper on rest of wall needs to be taken off and walls prepped for wallpapering again or painting.

Current wallpaper is a textured paper wallpaper used most likely to cover up a slightly uneven surface from previous old works (it's an old house 1900s). So happily stripping it off this afternoon but found various orange-clay type marks, amongst other imperfections and thought, crikey.. asbestos.. forgot all about that.. what's this orange stuff - is it asbestos?? And what's the wall surface made of generally, the old section from centre of wall up...?

In the lounge it's textured paper wallpaper. In the dining room on the chimney wall, it's a vinyl type wallpaper.. previous owner lived here for 30 years.

I've taken some photos. Do we have any cause for concern that there could be asbestos? Can I continue stripping or should we stop now and simply plan to re-wall paper over existing paper?

Would be really grateful for some advice. Many thanks.
Attachments
wall 4.jpg
wall 3.jpg
wall 2.jpg
wall 1.jpg

Effy66
Labourer
Labourer

Re: Asbestos concern while stripping off old asbestos??

by Effy66 » Wed Sep 07, 2022 3:06 pm

What I meant to say is.. asbestos concern while stripping off old wallpaper!!

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Fri Oct 18, 2024 4:18 am