Fused Spur Switch and multiple outputs
Ask questions and find answers to many subjects relating to electrics and electrical work

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
Calcifer
Labourer
Labourer

Fused Spur Switch and multiple outputs

by Calcifer » Sat Sep 10, 2022 12:17 am

Hi,

I'm in the process of renovating the bathroom and looking at running a light up mirror and 2 x wall mounted toothbrush chargers (proofvision oral b compatible things).

I have a Fused Spur Switch already in place on the light circuit 6A MCB standard. I was planning on using this for the light up mirror and then connecting another Fused Spur Switch on the circuit which will be used for the toothbrush chargers. So the light circuit would be bathroom lights -> Fused Spur Switch mirror -> Fused Spur Switch Charger -> landing lights.. etc. Hope that makes sense?

My question is can I use one Fused Spur Switch for both tooth brush chargers so I would just run a cable from the spur to one charger then the next? Charger Wattage is like 3 Watts output and 1A, so working it out I could still use a 1 Amp fuse in the Fuse Spur to control them?

Thank you

Mr White
Project Manager
Project Manager

Re: Fused Spur Switch and multiple outputs

by Mr White » Sun Sep 11, 2022 12:58 pm

Why not connect both tooth brush chargers to the same FCU?
1 Amp fuse would not be a problem

ericmark
Project Manager
Project Manager

Re: Fused Spur Switch and multiple outputs

by ericmark » Mon Sep 12, 2022 2:48 pm

A shaver socket has a 200 mA limit, that's 0.2 amp, so a 1 amp fuse should be ample for both, biggest problem with fitting lighted mirrors and shaver sockets is the OTT LABC charge, in Wales I know it is £100 plus vat for first £2k worth of work, so simply not worth doing it DIY.

A scheme member electrician can do whole job for less than you need to pay the LABC so not worth doing it as DIY.

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Sun Oct 06, 2024 12:18 pm