Stone Cold Radiator After System Overhaul
Help and information on all topics relating to your central heating, air conditioning and ventilation issues.

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
Robt430
Labourer
Labourer

Stone Cold Radiator After System Overhaul

by Robt430 » Mon Oct 03, 2022 4:44 pm

Hi Everyone,
I recently had my Y plan central heating system overhauled by a professional plumber. The system was cleaned and flushed, radiators removed and washed through, all new TRV and valves at opposite end renewed, a filter fitted, and chemical put in to stop it getting dirty again. Boiler was also serviced. It was balanced and bled through..... allegedly.

That was a few weeks ago and this is the first time we've put it on. The radiator with the longest run from the boiler is cold. it gets a bit luke warm, probably not even that hot after system has been on quite a while. I've tried bleeding it through the bleed valve myself with the pump on, and a jet of water just comes out under pressure, but no air, as far as I can tell.

I have contacted my plumber several (loads of times), but he either doesn't turn up and gives an excuse, or just ignores my phone calls/messages. I paid a loads of money to have the work done, and am disappointed that he won't finish the job. He even said once, it was a quick fix, but still hasn't turned up to do it.....rant over :-).
Any advice or suggestions please that I can do, don't really want to get somebody else in as I think I have paid enough already. The radiator is in the room where we spend most of the day unfortunately, so it's important to get it working before winter. Thank you.

stoneyboy
Project Manager
Project Manager

Re: Stone Cold Radiator After System Overhaul

by stoneyboy » Tue Oct 04, 2022 9:52 pm

Hi robt430,
Identify which radiators get hot the quickest, remove the lock shield cap and close the valve fully, then open the valve 1/2 to 1 turn.
Just work your way through the system checking any that get hot the fastest.
Regards S

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1