Plumber Qualifications Query
All aspects of plumbing questions and answers, help, tips and information

acctofquestioniness
Labourer
Labourer

Plumber Qualifications Query

by acctofquestioniness » Tue Jan 24, 2023 2:22 pm

Hi. I have an elderly neighbour getting quotes who has asked for my help and opinion, I don't really have a good one as it is not my area of expertise but I am trying to help.

The quotes are all similar prices but She seemed to like one person and quote more than the others and I noticed that was the only one with qualifications listed on the quote, so I googled them a bit but there are lots of plumbing qualifications. I wondered if I list them here anyone familiar can advise if they are real or not please as I don't want her to make a bad choice.

City & Guilds Lvl 1&2 Domestic Plumbing and Heating (when searching this I can see the official website with NVQs up to Lvl3 so I guess they are up to an NVQ Lvl2?)

City & Guilds Bathroom Design & Installation (when searching this it just brings back the same official website search results as the Lvl 1&2 Domestic Plumbing and Heating. Maybe it was separate before but is now part of the 1&2 I'm not sure?)

BTEC water Regulations (when searching this I couldn't find a BTEC, but I could find a BPEC organisation. Are they the same and changed names if anyone knows?)

BTEC Unvented Heating Systems (when searching this I couldn't find a BTEC, but I could find a BPEC organisation. Are they the same and changed names if anyone knows?)

Thankyou. Hope it is ok to ask here and someone is able to advise

It is currently Fri Oct 18, 2024 5:58 am