Can't find an adaptor to attach a flexible 15mm pipe to a threaded 5/8" isolator valve
All aspects of plumbing questions and answers, help, tips and information

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
clareplumbing
Labourer
Labourer

Can't find an adaptor to attach a flexible 15mm pipe to a threaded 5/8" isolator valve

by clareplumbing » Sun Jan 29, 2023 5:12 pm

I'm trying to fit a Grohe tap to a UK isolator valve. I know there's a metric/imperial discrepancy - as I understand it, Grohe is 15mm, UK is 5/8".

My isolator valve has a nice neat thread that my previous tap attached, to via a flexible pipe with what I believe might be called a "flexi tail". It just screwed on.

The conversion adaptor that I've been given to solve this problem will not screw onto the isolator valve. It's designed to work with an existing length of copper pipe and a compression joint. It doesn't actually help me, because I'm not trying to attach to a piece of copper pipe. I'm trying to connect to an isolator valve which is threaded. So what I need is something that has a small threaded end for the Grohe 15mm tail to attach to, and then a screw-on thing at the other end which will attach to the isolator valve. And I can't find any such thing. But surely they must exist??

I attach some photos. The photos show:
- 1. How the previous tap worked. The flexible pipe screws directly onto the isolator valve.
This is how the previous tap worked.
This is how the previous tap worked.

- 2. What I've been given. It doesn't solve my problem.
These are the parts I have.
These are the parts I have.

- 3. The two parts I want to join together, but can't because the dimensions don't match.
This is what I want to do.
This is what I want to do.

stoneyboy
Project Manager
Project Manager

Re: Can't find an adaptor to attach a flexible 15mm pipe to a threaded 5/8" isolator valve

by stoneyboy » Mon Jan 30, 2023 10:47 pm

Hi clareplumbing,
Easiest solution is to buy one 15mm isolating valve which will give you two nuts and olives. Find a friend who can supply you 2 pieces of 15mm tube about 75mm long and use these to join the old and new fittings.
Regards S

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Fri Oct 18, 2024 5:44 am