All aspects of plumbing questions and answers, help, tips and information

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
sunglow777
Labourer
Labourer

Does this undersink plumbing look ok?

by sunglow777 » Mon Apr 24, 2023 12:12 pm

Hi

I recently had some kitchen plumbing done by a handyman (leaking water heater replaced, new tap fitted, old washing machine disconnected).

Everything seems to be functioning more or less ok, but obviously the layout is a bit different now and I wanted to ask the experts here for their opinion as to whether it has been done properly.

One feature which looks odd is the white plastic upward-pointing pipe at the front — should anything be attached to this?

I also noticed the 'hot' flexible metal pipe coming out of the new water heater has a slight kink in it — is this likely to cause issues in the long term?

With sincere thanks
Attachments
1.jpg
2.jpg
3.jpg
4.jpg

stoneyboy
Project Manager
Project Manager

Re: Does this undersink plumbing look ok?

by stoneyboy » Tue Apr 25, 2023 11:41 pm

Hi sunglow777,
The white pipe pointing upwards could be used for a dishwasher or washing machine waste in the future. It’s the old washing machine waste connection and has been sealed off using the orange plastic.
The flexible should not have a kink in it - get it replaced with a longer flexible.
It is likely that the water heater should have a small pressure vessel in the pipe feeding it - this would be to stop ram pressure damaging the heater. Have a look at the installation instructions and see if one is specified.
Regards S

sunglow777
Labourer
Labourer

Re: Does this undersink plumbing look ok?

by sunglow777 » Thu Apr 27, 2023 4:46 pm

Thanks very much. I greatly appreciate your advice.

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Fri Oct 18, 2024 9:32 am