Running an electrical cable through a solid floor
Ask questions and find answers to many subjects relating to electrics and electrical work

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
Daziwhy
Labourer
Labourer

Running an electrical cable through a solid floor

by Daziwhy » Mon Jun 05, 2023 10:41 am

I'm due to have two of the solid floors dug up in my house soon as part of a series of ongoing repairs.
I have decided as part of it, to take it as an opportinuty to future proof myself by running a cable through from the meter in the cellar, to the kitchen, in case I switch to an electric cooker in the future.

I'm not looking to do it myself, I will get an electrician in. I don't actually need to connect the cable up at either end, it's just going to be there ready.

Becasue I have a lot to plan out, I just wanted to check on how this is done in regards to depths and regs etc, so I can fit it all in correctly with the plans.

The floor in one room will follow the standard building regs of dpc membrane, with hard insulation, and concrete above, then tiled. THe adjoining room, that being the kitchen, will not have the insulation, for structural reasons.
Is there a requirement on how deep to put the cable, and in relation to the insulation? I need to measure things out correctly.

Thank you for any help.

Mr White
Project Manager
Project Manager

Re: Running an electrical cable through a solid floor

by Mr White » Mon Jun 05, 2023 1:24 pm

Ideally the cable should be a minimum of 50mm below finished floor level.

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Sun Sep 08, 2024 1:15 am