My wardrobe doors do not hang straight.
Kitchens, doors, rails, stud, tables, chairs, stair cases, garden furniture etc... Find answers and ask questions here!

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
Baby Tim
Labourer
Labourer

My wardrobe doors do not hang straight.

Post by Baby Tim » Sun Jun 18, 2023 3:23 pm

The previous owner who was carpenter left wall to walls wardrobes in my bedroom. Instead of getting rid of them, I decided to up-cycle them with new doors. There are four wardrobes that have been joined together with 8 doors that have been replaced. The carcasses are not handmade they are probably MFI however they are very sturdy. I have fitted 4 doors using concealed hinges with no problem and they are fine. However, the last four doors are mis-aligned, uneven and do not close properly. I have tried adjusting the concealed hinges but nothing seems to work. I was supplied with Hafele hinges and have used the Hafele hinge hole repair kit when needed. I have also used 4 mm packers to help the doors meet in the middle. I cannot think of what to try next . Any suggestions?

stoneyboy
Project Manager
Project Manager

Re: My wardrobe doors do not hang straight.

Post by stoneyboy » Tue Jun 20, 2023 8:36 pm

Hi baby tim,
Most likely problem is that the carcasses are not vertical, not level and not lined up. Sort this out and your doors should fit.
Regards S

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Tue Apr 23, 2024 8:08 am