Quartz worktops.
General decorating topics, questions and answers. find help, tips and advice on completing your decorating projects

1 post   •   Page 1 of 1
nightofjoy
Apprentice
Apprentice

Quartz worktops.

Post by nightofjoy » Sat Jul 29, 2023 10:51 pm

Hi.

I was wondering if anyone out there has any experience of quartz worktops in their kitchens?

I was listening to the Reclining Pair podcast the other day, where the host was talking about fitting the kitchen in his newly (self) built extension.

He was saying that quarts has energy holding properties - hence why they use it in watch-making - and how a lot of stories around the paranormal and ghosts start because in some of these old buildings, there's often quartz in the masonry, and when something emotionally high impact happens - say a murder, the quarts will absorb that energy and can release it at a later date.

This got me thinking about our own kitchen project, when we get around to replacing the worktops, is it safe to consider quartz?

Obviously as it comes out of the ground - fine, but do you ever really know that the surfaces you buy are freshly tooled - or - it might be a long shot, but could they be reclaimed from somewhere that's witnessed tragedy.

In a nutshell, we've spent hundreds of pounds and over six months getting the kitchen just how we like it, and don't want to ruin it at the final stage by purchasing haunted worktops.

I know it sounds mad, but it's playing on our minds.

Cheers.

1 post   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Mon Apr 22, 2024 9:22 pm