Fitting a Shower Pull Cord 45amp Switch
Ask questions and find answers to many subjects relating to electrics and electrical work

5 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
GeorgeBaines
Labourer
Labourer

Fitting a Shower Pull Cord 45amp Switch

by GeorgeBaines » Tue Aug 15, 2023 2:46 pm

Hi Everyone,
I have just replaced a 45amp shower pull cord switch as the cord snapped from the top on the previous one. I have taken the usual precautions isolating the electrics blah blah and think I have wired it correctly:
I have wired the black & red to supply, and brown & blue to load and on the correct sides where the L & N terminals are. The only difference from the previous switch was it had two terminals for the Earth wire, and as the new switch had only one terminal, I wired both the Earth wires to that. The neon light comes on when the cord is pulled and the switch is in "On" position, which tells me that I haven't mixed up the terminals. However, unfortunately the shower doesn't work anymore. There was nothing wrong with the shower before the cord snapped. Any advice is greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Mr White
Project Manager
Project Manager

Re: Fitting a Shower Pull Cord 45amp Switch

by Mr White » Tue Aug 15, 2023 5:45 pm

If the shower worked before you changed the switch, and now it does not work, I can only suggest you check the connections you made.

GeorgeBaines
Labourer
Labourer

by GeorgeBaines » Tue Aug 15, 2023 5:58 pm

Mr White wrote:If the shower worked before you changed the switch, and now it does not work, I can only suggest you check the connections you made.

Mr White, thank you for your reply. All connections are secure and the screws are touching the wires. So, I cannot understand where I've gone wrong. (Scratches head)

Mr White
Project Manager
Project Manager

by Mr White » Wed Aug 16, 2023 12:19 am

Its hard to see from here what the actual error is.

I would suggest (usual precautions) take the switch down, then put it back. Yes I am being serious.

GeorgeBaines
Labourer
Labourer

by GeorgeBaines » Wed Aug 16, 2023 3:46 pm

Mr White wrote:Its hard to see from here what the actual error is.

I would suggest (usual precautions) take the switch down, then put it back. Yes I am being serious.

Mr White, I've done that. Same result.
I have called in an electrician. Let's see what he says.

5 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Sun Oct 06, 2024 11:24 am