Ground Floor Front Wall Damp Problem
Damp can be a major issue in the home. Find answers to questions or post your own here.

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
simmyj
Labourer
Labourer

Ground Floor Front Wall Damp Problem

Post by simmyj » Fri Aug 18, 2023 7:51 pm

I have been experiencing damp problems on the ground floor of my home and I’m looking for advice on how to best solve the problem. I have provided multiple photos below in order to provide as much visual information as possible.

In the past I have tried mould sprays and anti-damp paint to temporarily fix the problem. As to what is causing the underlying problem, my suspicions are that it is related to the drive and/or perhaps the drains that are close to the walls. These are the current ideas floating around my head but I would be especially interested in hearing from anyone who has come across and resolved a similar problem to this.

Front Left Side
- Single wall

Outside
Front Left Outside.jpg

Inside
Front Left Inside.jpg

Front Right Side
- Double wall

Outside
Front Right Outside.jpg

Inside
Front Right Inside.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

stoneyboy
Project Manager
Project Manager

Re: Ground Floor Front Wall Damp Problem

Post by stoneyboy » Sat Aug 19, 2023 9:06 pm

Hi simmyj,
Since the wall to the left is a single skin wall rain penetration is the most likely cause. Build another wall inside so you effectively form a cavity wall but make sure you ventilate the new cavity.
Regards S

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 7:45 am