Modernising bathroom pipes in 1961 bungalow
Drainage and wastage systems and plumbing help, advice and answers

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
bigman
Labourer
Labourer

Modernising bathroom pipes in 1961 bungalow

by bigman » Sat Sep 23, 2023 6:19 pm

I have recently bought a 1961 council bungalow in th u.k. that is in need of a bathroom update Everything is working and functioning however the pipes are a mess and wondered if it could be modernised. {Please See Pics} I am wanting to install a Ideal Standard Tempo Vertical Outlet close coupled toilet mainly because the waste outlet is 20cm from the backwall. can the pipes be updated and what would it cost for a pumber to do the pipework and fit the toilet and sink?
Attachments
3.jpg
2.jpg
1.jpg

stoneyboy
Project Manager
Project Manager

Re: Modernising bathroom pipes in 1961 bungalow

by stoneyboy » Mon Sep 25, 2023 9:21 pm

Hi bigman,
There is clearly a lot of scope for tidying up the pipe work but this would need to start directly above the first stopcock. Since there are two stopcocks it is likely the first one has failed so isolating the supply to this is the first move. This in itself can involve a lengthy search.
Cost wise it would be difficult to suggest a figure - a town centre location with no parking would be more expensive.
I suspect your greatest expense will be getting the toilet pan to fit the soil connection with the cistern touching the wall.

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Wed Sep 18, 2024 2:16 pm