What can I do about a non standard soil pipe?
Drainage and wastage systems and plumbing help, advice and answers

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
panoramix
Labourer
Labourer

What can I do about a non standard soil pipe?

by panoramix » Sun Oct 29, 2023 1:31 pm

Hi all. I'm new to this forum - keen DIYer, but know my limits... Hope someone can help with this one. I am replacing a toilet in a very small cloakroom. I've removed the old one and am in the middle of tidying everything up. The soil pipe goes into the (ground) floor, and I've just realised it's a non-standard size (135mm). I was going to attach a "Space saving bend outlet" between the toilet and the soil pipe, but it is designed for 110mm (from toilet to soil pipe). Is there a solution, other than ripping up the floor and attaching a different soil pipe below ground (which is way beyond where I want to go). Can you easily "downsize" a soil pipe so that a 110mm connector will work? Any advice gratefully received.

stoneyboy
Project Manager
Project Manager

Re: What can I do about a non standard soil pipe?

by stoneyboy » Mon Oct 30, 2023 11:00 pm

Hi panoramix,
You could either use a rubber adaptor 110x135mm which will fit on the outside of the pipes or use a finned adaptor which fits into the soil pipe and adapts to 110mm pipe. You may have to reduce the clay pipe down below ground level to give enough room whichever way you select.
Regards S

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Wed Sep 18, 2024 2:03 pm