Shower not getting hot enough anymore
Drainage and wastage systems and plumbing help, advice and answers

4 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
tommyhmt
Labourer
Labourer

Shower not getting hot enough anymore

by tommyhmt » Tue Oct 31, 2023 1:38 pm

Our shower has stopped getting hot enough recently, it's definitely not a heater issue because rest of the taps and radiators are fine. I first thought it was maybe the anti scalding device needed adjusting but can't tell from the picture if there is one or not as the ones I see online are all plastic. If it's the mixer or shower unit that needs replacing then that's beyond me I'm afraid.
Attachments
shower handle
shower handle

stoneyboy
Project Manager
Project Manager

Re: Shower not getting hot enough anymore

by stoneyboy » Wed Nov 01, 2023 10:32 pm

Hi tommyhmt,
You probably have a thermostatic shower valve and the problem with these is that minerals in the water build up on the thermostatic mechanism and stop it working.
You could try operating the temperature control a number of times over its full range. If this doesn’t work you could see if a plumber can replace the innards, if not a new valve my be your only option.
Regards S

tommyhmt
Labourer
Labourer

by tommyhmt » Thu Nov 02, 2023 12:50 pm

I asked Bristan for the model number but they said
"The shower is the Prism inline shower which is discontinued. Unfortunately we have no direct replacement for these showers"
Does that mean I now need a entirely different shower or is there another way I can order the part required for the plumber to fix?

stoneyboy
Project Manager
Project Manager

by stoneyboy » Fri Nov 03, 2023 10:05 pm

Hi tommyhmt,
If you search online for bristan prism cartridge there are a number of options, whether any of them are the right cartridge and are in stock? - you will have to make enquiries of the suppliers.
Regards S

4 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Fri Apr 26, 2024 12:28 pm