Wall Painting and Peeling Paint on Walls
Your comments on how to design the perfect home - And help others do it !

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
indianshelf321
Labourer
Labourer

Wall Painting and Peeling Paint on Walls

by indianshelf321 » Mon Sep 04, 2023 9:31 am

Hello everyone,

I've been facing some issues with the walls in my home, and I'm hoping to get some advice and guidance. Recently, I've noticed that the paint on one of my walls is peeling and the putty underneath is coming off. It's becoming quite an eyesore, and I'm not sure how to address this problem.
Attachments
Wall Photo.jpeg

liors12
Labourer
Labourer

Re: Wall Painting and Peeling Paint on Walls

by liors12 » Thu Nov 16, 2023 8:37 am

Hi buddy,
Peeling paint and putty coming off the walls can be a sign of moisture issues, poor paint adhesion, or even improper surface preparation. Here's what you can consider doing:

Identify the Cause: Check for any leaks, humidity sources, or water seepage in the wall. Addressing the root cause, such as fixing leaks or improving ventilation, is crucial to prevent further damage.

Prepare the Surface: Remove the loose paint and putty by scraping it gently. Sand the affected area to create a smooth surface for repainting.

Repair and Repaint: Apply a suitable primer to the affected area before repainting. Choose a high-quality paint that is recommended for your wall type and conditions. Multiple thin coats are better than one thick coat.

Consider Moisture-Resistant Paint: If the area is prone to moisture, consider using moisture-resistant or mold-resistant paint to prevent future issues.

Please remember, addressing the underlying cause is crucial to prevent the issue from recurring. If the problem persists or you're unsure about the best approach, consulting a professional can provide valuable insights and guidance for a lasting solution.

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Sun Apr 21, 2024 3:32 am