How to remove water from under EcoTherm flooring
Damp can be a major issue in the home. Find answers to questions or post your own here.

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
tansy-audios06
Labourer
Labourer

How to remove water from under EcoTherm flooring

by tansy-audios06 » Fri Dec 01, 2023 4:27 pm

Have had a water leek in the kitchen. The flooring is a concrete base, damp proof, EcoTherm and then chipboard. The leek is not under neath the damp course but on top. I can cut out water damaged chip board and replace and cut and lift the EcoTherm and dry underneath and then put back. After drying the damp course it stays dry so i know there is no on going leek. My problem is i can’t dry underneath the EcoTherm which is supporting the kitchen units. I know there is water underneath as you can see it if you lift the bottom lip of the EcoTherm. Has anyone any ideas as to how i can remove the water that lies below the EcoTherm without having to remove the kitchen? Would a dehumidifier draw the water out? If i can’t dry out everywhere and put flooring back down does this mean i am going to have damp problems in the future?

Attachments
diy.jpeg

stoneyboy
Project Manager
Project Manager

Re: How to remove water from under EcoTherm flooring

by stoneyboy » Fri Dec 01, 2023 11:10 pm

Hi tansy-audios06,
There is no way to remove the water that remains between the two impervious layers unless you remove the kitchen and lift the floor.
Does it matter that it’s there? Will it cause damp problems? Probably not. However you may have issues where the chipboard has swollen joints - depends on your finished floor covering.
Regards S

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Sun Sep 08, 2024 2:29 am