What are some nice options to include in ceiling AC unit for an open plan space
Your comments on how to design the perfect home - And help others do it !

jitmonlee
Labourer
Labourer

What are some nice options to include in ceiling AC unit for an open plan space

by jitmonlee » Tue Dec 26, 2023 1:19 pm

Hi all,

I'm embarking on a rear extension project - it will be an open plan space with a kitchen, dining table and living room space (I have a separate cosy living room at the front of the house.

In the new space, I would very much like A/C for the two weeks of hot weather we get in the summer (I know many will say whats the point of AC in the UK - I've thought about it and I would really like to be comfortable all year around as excessive as that may be!).

I'm posting this in the interior design forum because my main issue is how ugly an in ceiling AC unit is.

Here is what an in ceiling AC unit looks like:

I would only need one, but as you can see it's not very pretty. It's roughly 60cm x 60cm.

My question is, are there any other options that are less intrusive on the design of the room?

One option which would reduce the efficiency is to have a box over the entrance to the open plan space - I could box this in with a vent so it doesn't look too bad, but then it would have to work hard to Coll the whole space whereas an in ceiling one in the centre will cool all parts of the room quite well.

Any ideas or thoughts on this would be appreciated!

Thanks in advance!

It is currently Sun Apr 21, 2024 7:23 am