Replacement for a very old mixer shower
Drainage and wastage systems and plumbing help, advice and answers

4 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
Grandad99
Tradesman
Tradesman

Replacement for a very old mixer shower

by Grandad99 » Fri Jan 05, 2024 9:30 pm

The bathroom wall that the existing Mira 8 shower is fitted into backs on the the wall of the airing cupboard down which the main pipes run so I suspect that it will be a straightforward job for a plumber to fit a replacement. (Mira no longer stock spare parts for it)

My query is for help to identify a suitable replacement that will span the 6" diameter circular hole in the wall, preferably without the need to cut the tiles. Nothing too expensive - we are getting on and whoever buys the house will do a complete refurbishment.

stoneyboy
Project Manager
Project Manager

Re: Replacement for a very old mixer shower

by stoneyboy » Sun Jan 07, 2024 10:56 pm

Hi grandad99,
Your chances of finding a shower which will replace the Mira 8 and cover the hole without cutting tiles are fairly slim. Presumably it’s the cartridge which is giving problems so I suggest you search on line for a replacement.
Regards S

Grandad99
Tradesman
Tradesman

by Grandad99 » Sun Jan 07, 2024 11:30 pm

Thanks stoneyboy.
2 problems - the dials are binding against each other and the flow is becoming a trickle. I suspect that it is beyond repair.

stoneyboy
Project Manager
Project Manager

by stoneyboy » Mon Jan 08, 2024 10:07 pm

Hi grandad99,
The Mira 8 is a fairly simple valve, it is far easier to replace the cartridge than it is to remove the complete unit so you can make new connections. Finding the right replacement and removing the old one will be a challenge.
Regards S

4 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Mon Sep 16, 2024 8:28 pm