Knocking through outbuildings... Do I need building regs?
If you want to know how your DIY projects could be affected by building and planning regulations, click here to post questions and view answers

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
dss123
Labourer
Labourer

Knocking through outbuildings... Do I need building regs?

by dss123 » Fri Jan 05, 2024 5:22 pm

Hey all.

I have a brick outbuilding which is currently subdivided into 4 sheds. I would like to knock the brick walls out between 3 of the sheds to make one large space for a home gym. This space will end up about 25m sq. Will I need to obtain planning permission for this alteration? I'll be removing internal brick walls, adding steels, blocking up external doorways and laying a concrete floor. But it won't be used for sleeping / accommodation and I won't be altering the existing external footprint.

Cheers

Duncan

stoneyboy
Project Manager
Project Manager

Re: Knocking through outbuildings... Do I need building regs?

by stoneyboy » Sun Jan 07, 2024 11:07 pm

Hi labourer,
If it’s a detached building and you are not going to instal a bathroom and cooking facilities, probably not. You could always ask you local building control team but you are unlikely to get an answer unless you provide plans including a site plan.
Regards S

dss123
Labourer
Labourer

Re: Knocking through outbuildings... Do I need building regs?

by dss123 » Mon Jan 08, 2024 10:07 am

stoneyboy wrote: Sun Jan 07, 2024 11:07 pm Hi labourer,
If it’s a detached building and you are not going to instal a bathroom and cooking facilities, probably not. You could always ask you local building control team but you are unlikely to get an answer unless you provide plans including a site plan.
Regards S
Many thanks mate....

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1