Kitchen Plinth Heater Suddenly Stopped Working
Help, advice and problem solutions on all aspects of home appliances from washing machines to TV's

6 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
Greek
Apprentice
Apprentice

Kitchen Plinth Heater Suddenly Stopped Working

by Greek » Sat Jan 06, 2024 1:56 am

I've fitted the above into my kitchen floor wood skirting and for some strange reason it suddenly stopped working tonight. It worked perfectly earlier on today. I've slid it out to check, but I must confess I'm not sure what I need to look for to repair. I've added a pic below if it helps.

Thank you
Yvonne
Attachments
IMG_4668.jpg

stoneyboy
Project Manager
Project Manager

Re: Kitchen Plinth Heater Suddenly Stopped Working

by stoneyboy » Sun Jan 07, 2024 11:11 pm

Hi apprentice,
Presumably you have an all electric one. One of the problems with these heaters being at floor level is that they suck in all sorts of crap, the is especially bad if you have a hairy pet.. try removing the heater and check the thermal cut outs to see if they have tripped and clean the heat matrix.
Regards S

Greek
Apprentice
Apprentice

by Greek » Mon Jan 08, 2024 1:37 am

stoneyboy wrote:
Sun Jan 07, 2024 11:11 pm
Hi apprentice,
Presumably you have an all electric one. One of the problems with these heaters being at floor level is that they suck in all sorts of crap, the is especially bad if you have a hairy pet.. try removing the heater and check the thermal cut outs to see if they have tripped and clean the heat matrix.
Regards S
Hi S,

Thanks for the reply. I'll be taking your advice, but I just need to make sure I follow the instructions correctly. So, forgive me if the following questions reveal my lack of knowledge.

Do I, at any point, need to remove the top grill of the plinth?
Where would I find the thermal cut outs?
How would I know if they have been tripped?
Which part is the heat matrix?

Many thanks
Yvonne

Greek
Apprentice
Apprentice

by Greek » Mon Jan 08, 2024 6:22 am

Greek wrote:
Mon Jan 08, 2024 1:37 am
stoneyboy wrote:
Sun Jan 07, 2024 11:11 pm
Hi apprentice,
Regards S
Hi S,

Thanks for the reply. I'll be taking your advice, but I just need to make sure I follow the instructions correctly. So, forgive me if the following questions reveal my lack of knowledge.

Do I, at any point, need to remove the top grill of the plinth?
Where would I find the thermal cut outs?
How would I know if they have been tripped?
Which part is the heat matrix?

Many thanks
Yvonne
I'm so pleased that I wanted to let you know ASAP to save you having to reply. I decided to follow your advice for cleaning, even though I wasn't sure about some of the technical terms. And I'm pleased to say that it did the trick. I can't thank you enough. Not least because you've saved my partner the cost of purchasing a replacement as he would never have believed that repairing it would work.

Kind regards
Yvonne

stoneyboy
Project Manager
Project Manager

by stoneyboy » Mon Jan 08, 2024 10:10 pm

Hi apprentice,
Thank you for updating us about your success, it’s great you were able to sort this.
Take care,
Regards S

lecternaddition
Labourer
Labourer

by lecternaddition » Thu Jan 18, 2024 6:28 pm

I couldn't wait to share my joy, so I wanted to let you know right away without waiting for your response. Your cleaning advice, though some technical terms were a bit unclear to me, turned out to be a game-changer. I'm thrilled to report that it worked like a charm. I can't express my gratitude enough, especially considering you've saved my partner from the expense of buying a replacement. He would have been skeptical about repairing it, and your advice has truly made a significant impact. Thank you so much!

6 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Sun Sep 08, 2024 1:20 am