I need some opinions on Chimney Flashing
Information, help and tips on many areas of roofing including trusses, tiling, venting, insulation etc....

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
StefH
Labourer
Labourer

I need some opinions on Chimney Flashing

by StefH » Wed Sep 25, 2024 1:30 pm

Hi folks...
Would it be possible to get some opinions on the 2 pics I have attached of my chimney?
During a storm in 2019 I had some roof damge. Roofing company came in and did the repairs. As part of the job they re-did new flashing around the chimney. The other day I was in loft during a storm and noticed a drip coming down from chimney area. I then noticed that membrane was missing behind old felt that should of been done as part of the repairs. This is where I have become suspicious and would value all your opinions.
I have includes 2 pics, one is a close up of the NEW flashing from 2019 taken using a mates powerfull camera. I then took a picture of the flashing on the otherside of my roof 2 feet away that was taken in 2010. Is it just me or does the 2010 flashing look newer and better than the 2019 flashing.
Your opinions would be most welcome?
Attachments
Roof 2010.jpg
Roof 2019.jpg

StefH
Labourer
Labourer

Re: I need some opinions on Chimney Flashing

by StefH » Wed Sep 25, 2024 4:31 pm

Just to clarify as I have made a mistake. The picture of the flashing done in 2010 was taken tday and not 2010. I did try to edit the post or even delete it and do it again but for the life of me I could not work out to on here! SORRY...

StefH
Labourer
Labourer

Re: I need some opinions on Chimney Flashing

by StefH » Wed Sep 25, 2024 4:38 pm

StefH wrote:
Wed Sep 25, 2024 1:30 pm
Hi folks...
Would it be possible to get some opinions on the 2 pics I have attached of my chimney?
During a storm in 2019 I had some roof damge. Roofing company came in and did the repairs. As part of the job they re-did new flashing around the chimney. The other day I was in loft during a storm and noticed a drip coming down from chimney area. I then noticed that membrane was missing behind old felt that should of been done as part of the repairs. This is where I have become suspicious and would value all your opinions.
I have includes 2 pics, one is a close up of the NEW flashing from 2019 taken using a mates powerfull camera. I then took a picture of the flashing on the otherside of my roof 2 feet away that was done in 2010. Is it just me or does the 2010 flashing look newer and better than the 2019 flashing.
Your opinions would be most welcome?

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Fri Oct 18, 2024 4:30 am