Drainage and wastage systems and plumbing help, advice and answers

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
nl1_uk
Labourer
Labourer

Toilet seat - how to remove?

by nl1_uk » Sat Oct 12, 2024 3:21 pm

Hi,

Has anyone seen this type of toilet seat and able to advise, please?. It's wobbly and needs removing/replacing/tightening - but I cannot see, for the life of me, how to get it off. There are no bolts protruding underneath, so it is some kind of top fitting, but unlike one that I have come across previously, it has not button that you press to release it. I've tried just pulling upwards with quite a bit of force, but it doesn't budge that way. Thank you
Attachments
IMG_20240908_154042_c.jpg
IMG_20240908_154035_c.jpg

Mr White
Project Manager
Project Manager

Re: Toilet seat - how to remove?

by Mr White » Sat Oct 12, 2024 5:59 pm

NEVER force it, you will break something. The toilet seats I have seen have either long bolts going through part of the seat with nuts underneath (Just as you say) but some have what I can only describe as giant rawlplugs. They work on the same principal as rawlplugs, and do NOT protrude. Once installed, the toilet seat has small "covers" that you press down to hide them. I suspect that is what you have, so you need to look at the seat carefully, looking for a lid or cover either side of the central hinge. Lots of videos on YT

nl1_uk
Labourer
Labourer

Re: Toilet seat - how to remove?

by nl1_uk » Sat Oct 12, 2024 8:30 pm

Thank you. - yes I'm aware it's that type. ie. With the giant plug thing. I've replaced one before, but there was some kind of mechanism that locked the seat down onto the upright bolts, and to unlock it, there was a catch that you could push sideways, and then the seat just lifted off. This one doesn't seem to have that button to release.

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Wed Oct 16, 2024 9:53 am