Two pole or Three pole switch
Ask questions and find answers to many subjects relating to electrics and electrical work

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
philipam
Apprentice
Apprentice

Two pole or Three pole switch

by philipam » Tue Oct 16, 2007 10:53 pm

Hello all
First off this is my first post so be kind.

Im building an extension to the rear of my house with a new shower room I wish to fit an extractor fan with run on timer to come on with the lights.

My question is, the fan instuctions say it has to be fitted with a two pole fused switch 3 amp, but if I fit it this way wouldn't the S/L still be live at the fan even after the two pole switch is off.

I have looked to buy a 3 pole fused switch but can't find one anyway, do they exist????

Thanks in advance Philip.

BLAKEY1963
Site Agent
Site Agent

Re: Two pole or Three pole switch

by BLAKEY1963 » Thu Oct 18, 2007 5:19 pm

[quote="philipam"]Hello all
First off this is my first post so be kind.

Im building an extension to the rear of my house with a new shower room I wish to fit an extractor fan with run on timer to come on with the lights.

My question is, the fan instuctions say it has to be fitted with a two pole fused switch 3 amp, but if I fit it this way wouldn't the S/L still be live at the fan even after the two pole switch is off.

I have looked to buy a 3 pole fused switch but can't find one anyway, do they exist????

Thanks in advance Philip.[/quote]

Philip
A three Pole fan isolater switch is used to isolate , permanent live , switch live , and neutral , to fan when working on or performing maintanance.
can u look at doc s project site about part p .
your new shower room would be notifiable work , as from the introduction of part p in jan 2005 .
your part sparky should be got in to advise you on this work.

BLAKEY1963

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Sat Apr 13, 2024 8:30 am