removing door handles with thumb turns
Kitchens, doors, rails, stud, tables, chairs, stair cases, garden furniture etc... Find answers and ask questions here!

4 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
vimtogirl
Labourer
Labourer

removing door handles with thumb turns

by vimtogirl » Tue Apr 03, 2007 6:01 pm

Can anybody help me??? I'm trying to remove my bathroom door handle in order to paint the door. I've removed all the screws from both the latch plate and the lock plate but it still doesn't seem to want to come free. I can't see anything else to undo!! HELP!!!

Oh, by the way they are Charles Mason 'Pure' handles if that helps.

Favposi
Apprentice
Apprentice

by Favposi » Tue Apr 03, 2007 10:59 pm

Hi,
Undo all the screws that fix the handles to the door. on the thumb turn on the inside handle of the bathroom there should be a tiny allen key grub screw. Usually at the bottom of the thumb turn. undo the allen key grub screw and take away the thumb turn and spindle. The handles should now come away from the door.

Favposi
Apprentice
Apprentice

by Favposi » Tue Apr 03, 2007 11:15 pm

Hi,
Undo all the screws on both the handles. There is a thumb turn on the inside bathroom door handle. Usually there is a tiny allen key grub screw on the underside of the thumb turn. Undo the allen key grub screw and take out the spindle. The handles will then come away from the door. Do not lose the grub screw :D

vimtogirl
Labourer
Labourer

by vimtogirl » Wed Apr 04, 2007 7:10 pm

Blimey, they were well hidden!! Thanks very much for that, you"re a star.

4 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Thu Sep 19, 2024 11:49 pm