Installing a new hole in wall fire surround
All manner of questions and solutions to problems and issues surrounding the subject of brickwork, blockwork and stonework

4 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
carolinemarbles
Labourer
Labourer

Installing a new hole in wall fire surround

by carolinemarbles » Sat Oct 27, 2007 7:23 pm

I currently have a standard "hole" where my fire used to be. I have purchased a stone "hole in wall" type of fire surround and need to arrange for it to be fitted, but first I need to know exactly how it should be done to ensure that whoever fits it does it correctly. I can't seem to find any information anywhere. Can anyone help? I need to know the height at which it should be set, what kind of brickwork will be required, etc.

Grateful for any help. Thanks.

dents
Apprentice
Apprentice

by dents » Wed Oct 31, 2007 11:20 pm

there is a minimum height it should be fitted above the hearth.
brickwork should not be important for your type of fire

get someone who is NASC approved to fit it he will know the regulations ,such as a chimney sweep and he will arrange for a corgi bloke to connect the gas. or ask nicely at a fireplace firm to sort it out :-)

carolinemarbles
Labourer
Labourer

your response

by carolinemarbles » Thu Nov 01, 2007 8:42 pm

Thanks very much, I'll bear it in mind

TheDoctor5

by TheDoctor5 » Thu Jan 22, 2009 10:25 am

Last year 64% of the questions asked in our forum were answered within our DIY project pages at www.diydoctor.org.uk/projects.htm The project pages are now separated alphabetically and your answers are accompanied by diagrams and the ability to see, and buy, the tools and/or required to complete your project. Use our search box to look for your answer and save a great deal of time and money!

4 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Mon Sep 16, 2024 8:42 pm