ring main trouble
Ask questions and find answers to many subjects relating to electrics and electrical work

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
simon bush
Labourer
Labourer

ring main trouble

by simon bush » Fri Nov 02, 2007 3:47 pm

hi i need help
i have had trouble with mice in the house and now they have chewed through a wire in the ring main the mcb keeps on tripping
how do i find out where they have done this
i have had up all the floor boards that i can but i have solid wooden floors and stone floor in kitchen i need help asap as i have marine fish and any down time causes them distress

djguest.fsnet.co.uk
Apprentice
Apprentice

Re: ring main trouble

by djguest.fsnet.co.uk » Sat Nov 03, 2007 8:57 am

[quote="simon bush"]hi i need help
i have had trouble with mice in the house and now they have chewed through a wire in the ring main the mcb keeps on tripping
how do i find out where they have done this
i have had up all the floor boards that i can but i have solid wooden floors and stone floor in kitchen i need help asap as i have marine fish and any down time causes them distress[/quote]

you need part p qualified electrician to test circuit with an insulation resistance tester.he will disconnect circuit at half way point and test each half.then with faulty half he will repeat process again until fault is found.once he has found the leg of the cable where the fault is ,he can replace or repair this section .good luck.Bill the drill.

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Sat Jun 29, 2024 3:32 am