help connecting bathroom wires to new light fitting
Ask questions and find answers to many subjects relating to electrics and electrical work

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
tricia p
Labourer
Labourer

help connecting bathroom wires to new light fitting

by tricia p » Mon Nov 26, 2007 3:37 pm

hello people new to this forum :)
i have a problem in my bathroom, i bought a new flush light fitting and took down the old light hanging thingy, when i have stripped the light down to just the wires i stupidly took the loop off and have no idea how to get the light back working (so many wires)
i have 4 reds, 3 neutrals black,2 earth wire and 1 yellow and 1 blue i have no idea which one is the switched live or even if its a two way switch live as the lights in my hall and back bedroom do not work now
if anyone could help me i would much appreciate as i have no idea on how i put the wires together in the toffee block or loop :x

Leonard Williamson
Labourer
Labourer

bathroom light cablel

by Leonard Williamson » Mon Nov 26, 2007 5:45 pm

if you seperate all the cables (switch off supply before} with a mains tester and now with the mains back on test between all the reds to an earth cable,one of the reds will be live,you then need to identify the switch wire from the looped feeds,this can be done with a continuity test,connect the looped feeds together,the neutrals together and earths together,your new light can now be connected to the earth,switchwire and neutral, ( would strongly advise you to get an electrician to do this for you it can be very dangerous if you make a mistake, best of luck.

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Sat Sep 21, 2024 1:35 pm