Double Seal Manhole Covers
Drainage and wastage systems and plumbing help, advice and answers

7 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
Teflon70
Labourer
Labourer

Double Seal Manhole Covers

by Teflon70 » Thu Jul 05, 2007 9:53 pm

I hope someone can answer this, we are planning to put a conservatory on the back of our house and we may need to have an internal manhole cover. The conservatory people want to put a double seal cover over the existing chamber.

Our house isn't in a flood area / zone.

Is this going to be okay - are double seal covers that good???

There is only one waste from our first floor bathroom into the chamber and the chamber is at the top of the run.

Should I be concerned.

darren.c
Labourer
Labourer

by darren.c » Thu Nov 08, 2007 8:12 pm

hi, im in the same position at the moment, so when i recieve a reply i will reply to you, because i am concerned about odors.

cuppatea
Labourer
Labourer

raise and seal manhole covers

by cuppatea » Thu Nov 29, 2007 1:59 pm

yep pretty standard way to do it, i have been a wall and floor tiler for some years, and in conservatories, this would be the correct way, no smells you can even get manhole covers that accept tiles, so that it blends in with the floor.... looks good and keeps the smells away.... and no worries you can get to the manhole (if you ever need to)..

mtb
Apprentice
Apprentice

by mtb » Thu Jan 17, 2008 1:37 pm

Hello,

Curious what happened to the two inquiries about the double seal covers--did you put them in an how is it working out? I'm in a similar situation, concerned about any possible smell. The contractor says that 'it shouldn't be a problem' but it would be great to hear some additional testimonials that this is indeed a good solution.

Thanks in advance for sharing any personal experiences.

darren.c
Labourer
Labourer

by darren.c » Thu Jan 17, 2008 9:38 pm

my conservatory was completed just before christmas 2007, i have had two raise and seal anhole covers fitted.......... absolutely no problems at all. i have now laid a laminate floor over the top.... no smells, so dont be worried about it, it is standard practice and is inline with all building regs.

mtb
Apprentice
Apprentice

by mtb » Fri Jan 18, 2008 10:29 am

Thanks! Good to know

sueandray
Labourer
Labourer

by sueandray » Mon Sep 27, 2010 2:55 pm

we have a sealed manhole cover in our conservatory which is tiled and our neighbour has asked us to check to see if our drains are blocked. We have removed the four bolts from the cover but cannot remove it any ideas please.

7 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Sun Sep 29, 2024 3:15 am