Trianco Aztec 12kw Heating Boiler
Help and information on all topics relating to your central heating, air conditioning and ventilation issues.

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
chris115
Labourer
Labourer

Trianco Aztec 12kw Heating Boiler

by chris115 » Sun Dec 16, 2007 4:14 pm

Hello Forum - hope someone can help me.

I have recently had installed a Trianco Aztec 12kw electric boiler by a Corgi Engineer (not an electrician). First Q. is would this invalidate my guarantee from Trianco who advise that the boiler is installed by a qualified electrician? Second question (the real problem) there are 3 mains nuetral cables (mineral fibre insulation) that go to the PCB control unit - within a few days of installation one of these cables became so hot the insulation melted exposing the core that was glowing red hot. The engineer reckoned it was a loose connection and removed the wire meaning one ofthe elements was not connected. Today a second mains nuetral did the same thing - so there must be some other problem other than a loose connection. Trianco recommend 16mm cable size - my installer used 10mm, is that the problem? Surely the mains cable would go before the mains nuetrals that are integral to the boiler?

help
confused and cold

peter the plumber
Ganger
Ganger

by peter the plumber » Sun Dec 16, 2007 7:18 pm

You need to get an electrician to have a look at this.

Turn it off and don’t use it until its been inspected

They’re something wrong with the installation.

Has a rule, plumbers do the pipe work and electrician to do the wiring on these.

I think your have invalidated your guarantee, you need the electricians certs for the guarantee, without it they will argue about it.

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1