Night Switch On Immersion Heater not working
Ask questions and find answers to many subjects relating to electrics and electrical work

4 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
Kosrug
Apprentice
Apprentice

Night Switch On Immersion Heater not working

by Kosrug » Fri Jan 11, 2008 10:18 am

Hi All,

My Immersion heater is giving me problems, The night switch does not go on anymore to heat the tank and was thinking it could've been the element but now that has been changed it is still not working.

I have other equipment at the flat that still work like the storage heaters that still go on at night so is not an offpeak electric supply problem.

Could someone give me an idea of what could be wrong?

Thanks in advance for anyone that can help me! :roll:

rflight
Tradesman
Tradesman

by rflight » Fri Jan 11, 2008 10:50 pm

Very hard to answer this with the information given. Have you checked fuses, switches and time clocks? Who changed the element, was it not checked then? Might be best to get somone in to look at it

Kosrug
Apprentice
Apprentice

by Kosrug » Sat Jan 12, 2008 10:32 am

I got plumbers in to change the element and after 3 days of calling them to tell them to come back to see why it wasn't working they just said it must be an electrical problem without actually coming round to check for themselves, never use them again , completely useless company once they get your money!

I haven't checked the switch or the fuse? the switch would be quite straight forward to check out but I just would like to know where I could locate the fuse so I could check it to see if it has blown? The plumbers said it could be the fuse.

ericmark

by ericmark » Sat Jan 12, 2008 12:41 pm

It is normal for immersion heaters to be supplied on its own supply from the consumer unit so you may find a fuse or mcb there most likely a blue one which is colour used for 16 amp. Also near the heater itself likely to find fused spur with 13 amp fuse in it. Either or both may blow as very close in amps to each other. With fuses always switch off before changing.

4 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Mon Jun 17, 2024 4:07 pm