shower isolation switch
Ask questions and find answers to many subjects relating to electrics and electrical work

5 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
wayne 78
Tradesman
Tradesman

shower isolation switch

by wayne 78 » Thu Jan 24, 2008 8:46 pm

hello everyone having an electric shower fitted shortly and i was wondering if the switch cud go inside the airing cupboard or does it av to be outside the bathroom as the hw cylinder and water tank is in airing cupboard i know a pull switch is an alternative but wud rather av a wall switch thanx for any advise

ericmark

by ericmark » Thu Jan 24, 2008 11:02 pm

May be it can but better asking the electrician fitting the shower he is on site and signing the paperwork and submitting the Part P to building controls which is now required unless in Scotland and even then you still would want it tested for safety and meters cost too much so cheaper to get an electrician.
Sorry to be negative but I suspect you could not operate switch without opening door and then no barrier between you and bathroom. Also we know there are to be changes in bathroom by June but not sure what.

sparx
Project Manager
Project Manager

by sparx » Thu Jan 24, 2008 11:34 pm

Hi Wayne, as long as airing cupboard close to bathroom then in cupboard is fine as switch not intended for functional switching [ie with each use of shower] but is for local isolation for maintenance of shower and is close enough that if switched off to allow work on shower you would know if someone tried to switch it back on!!
regards SPARX

wayne 78
Tradesman
Tradesman

by wayne 78 » Sat Jan 26, 2008 5:34 pm

thanks for the replys fellows the airing cupboard is inside the bathroom about 2 foot away from bath dont know if that makes a difference cheers

sparx
Project Manager
Project Manager

by sparx » Mon Jan 28, 2008 8:49 pm

Hi again-wayne,
as long as airing cupboard requires a 'tool' to open it ('tool' could be key) then its no different to having shower pump under bath behind panel,
regards SPARX

5 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 10:22 am