leaving lining paper to soak
General decorating topics, questions and answers. find help, tips and advice on completing your decorating projects

4 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
tsb
Tradesman
Tradesman

leaving lining paper to soak

by tsb » Mon Jan 28, 2008 7:54 pm

How long do you leave lining paper to soak after pasteing. I've had a go at papering today and left the paper to soak like I've been told to do for a few minutes, but when I've gone back to the paper there doesn't seem to be much paste left on the paper i.e. Its seems to have soaked right into the paper and theres nothing left to stick to the wall, the paper feels quite dry

bd3cc
Foreman
Foreman

by bd3cc » Thu Jan 31, 2008 10:30 pm

This may seem a silly question, but did you fold the paper after pasting?

tsb
Tradesman
Tradesman

by tsb » Fri Feb 01, 2008 9:57 am

yes I folded the paper

thepainterman
Apprentice
Apprentice

by thepainterman » Mon Feb 25, 2008 12:03 am

We use pasting machines but I'm guessing you're not,anyway the paste may be too thick,for lining paper it has to be quite watered down.
Look on the pack of the wallpaper paste packet and mix to the highest content of water to paste ratio and that'll do you.

Or you might not be putting enough on,or you might be taking too long to paste the paper and it's drying out because of that,if thats the case use a 1" pile roller (so you get a good coating of paste on the paper) and apply by roller to make it quicker.
5 -7 minutes is plenty for lining paper in normal room temperature settings.

4 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Thu Sep 19, 2024 6:25 pm