Ib for sockets
Ask questions and find answers to many subjects relating to electrics and electrical work

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
murphy
Apprentice
Apprentice

Ib for sockets

by murphy » Sun Feb 03, 2008 8:35 am

Hi everyone.
I have recently put a similar post on here, but have another question.
I am a 2330 student about to do the full 2382 (Next week). When working out Design Current of a circuit with say one single or double socket, is the Ib the max fuse a plug top can take ie; 13 amps for single socket, 26 amps for double?.
When it comes to standard arrangements ie; A1/A2 circuits is the Ib the rating of the fuse or breaker?.
I hope you guys dont mind me using this forum for college questions,its just that i seem to learn more from here than i do at college !!.

Cheers Murphy.

ericmark

by ericmark » Sun Feb 03, 2008 12:24 pm

Hi Murphy, I would be very careful as exam answers are not the same as what we really do. For example if asked the core colours for a 110 volt extension lead one would say brown, blue, and Green/Yellow which is what everyone uses but in an exam since it is split phase the answer would be Brown, Black, and Green/Yellow. I would listen to your lectures as they will tell you what is the expected exam answer. Many of us here are also returning to college to take our 2382 even though we have been in the trade many years we will still do the course. I would consider Max to be as it says the Maximum so 13 amp for single 26 for double but for three only 32 as now limited by MCB not fuses in plugs. As to A1/A2 its not a term I would normally use.

kbrownie
Project Manager
Project Manager

by kbrownie » Sun Feb 03, 2008 9:04 pm

HI
Ib= Design Current (the whole output/voltage when everthing is on, on that circuit(

In=Fuse Rating
KB

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Sat Oct 05, 2024 12:26 am